The Community of St Luke has 7 key values, and 5 key areas of commitment
- Spiritual well-being and contemplation.
- Respect for others, hospitality, and communal care.
- Inclusion of ethnic/cultural, economic, and gender diversity.
- Integration of the church with the wider community, in Remuera and regionally.
- Resistance to the ideologies that support poverty, inequality, militarism, and the unsustainable use of the earth’s resources.
- Recognition of the importance of beauty, creativity, visual arts, and music.
- Inquiry, pursuit of truth[s], and theological scholarship.
Key areas of CSL commitments:
- Progressive worship and liturgy
- Social Justice
- Progressive theological education
- Community care and outreach
- Youth and children
These commitments and values are supported by robust governance structures, policies, and financial systems that are essential in providing a well-run and well-maintained church and community centre organisation and complex.
“The Thinking Heart” – integrating compassion, care, action, thought, creativity, and spirituality.