The St Luke's Community Centre is a place where numerous programmes and activities are run throughout the year for the benefit of the wider community and parish members. There are art, music, education, cooking, and children's programmes. In addition there are many community groups that hire rooms here, not to mention the 35 counsellors who see clients here.
The Centre was opened in November 1984. Since then hundreds of thousands of people have passed through our doors. They have taken advantage of the opportunities from exploration and growth offered by our programmes and those offered by the many other groups based here.
Around seventy thousand people enter this place each year. Our aim is for them to leave believing that in some way or another they are better for having been here.
We know, because people tell us, that having been in our buildings and having shared something of our life has made a difference for participants in courses (both ours and others' courses), for clients seeing counsellors, for participants in worship, for participants at lectures, and for receivers of hospitality. We hope that might be your experience also.
We look forward to seeing you and to you sharing with us in making a difference to people, society, and to the religious and spiritual quest through honest enquiry, good humour, warm compassion, commitment to diversity and openness to new perspectives.
The Community of Saint Luke is home to many community groups, professional organisations, choirs and support groups. If you are interested in using our facilities for your group please click here.
Community Groups you can join
- Fun and Music Playgroup for babies and toodlers with disabilities and their parents/carers
- Knitwits: knitting and handcraft group
- Mac Senior Net
- Saint Luke’s Tramping Group
- Sea of Faith
- Solace Support Group
- Sunday Roast
- First Light Toastmasters
- Morning Toast Toastmasters
- Young Readers Support team at East Tamaki School
Other groups that call Saint Luke’s home:
- Advanced Dreams Group
- ABRSM (Royal Schools of Music – Auckland Branch
- ATATI Auckland TA Training Institute
- Auckland Scottish Fiddle Club
- Cantemus Choir
- English Language Partners (Auckland Central)
- Family Court Psychologists
- Fertility NZ
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- MET Green Branch
- National Council of Women
- NZ Association of Counsellors
- NZ Barok
- NZ Christian Counsellors Association
- NZ Creative Imagination Lab
- Realisticus Art Academy
- Saint Luke’s Kindergarten
- Saint Luke’s Restorative Justice Group
- The Choir
- U3A: University of the Third Age History
- U’ilani Hula Studio
- Wairua Sinfonietta