THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Albert Numanga Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Barbara Smith
Serving elders – Allan Davidson, David McNabb, Kerry Stotter, Murray Jenkin,
Robin Flynn, Karen Fehl, Jill Stotter
Readers – Barbara Smith, Alexa Johnston Intercessions – Angela Murdoch
Organist – Stephen Vincent Flowers – Margaret Agee
Hospitality – Allan & Margaret Davidson, Rosalie Lockwood, Judith Prowse, Joy Lamb, Annette Hood
SLIKS – Margaret Parr & Clare Stanton
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Malawi, Zambia
Within the Nation – WAR AND PEACE. People who work for peace; members of the armed forces especially any currently serving in places of danger; returned servicemen and women; those scarred by the effects of wars long-past or recent
Within St Luke’s – Rosalie Lockwood; Dougie Macalister; Lyn MacKinlay; Giri Mahadevan, Lavinia; Paul & Jo Martin, Emily, Luke; Lynn Maude, Katharine; Gill Maxwell
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 17th JUNE 2018
1. LAWS OF THE HEART: The 10 Commandments, a reading group led by Glynn, continues June 19th, and 26th. If you wish to join us, even if you have been unable to come to previous sessions, please come.
2. YOUTH GROUP BAKE SALE. The Youth Group would like to thank everyone who brought food to sell and bought goodies at the bake sale last week. We were very thrilled to raise $328.50 for the South Sudan appeal. Alex would particularly like to thank those who sponsored him to do the 40 Hour Famine. He raised $387. Youth Group next meets on Sunday 24th June at 5pm.
3. LEAVING PRISON FOR GOOD - Opportunities to Make a Difference. Thank you to all who have completed the ‘Opportunities’ form and indicated how you would like to make a difference. For those of you who have not yet completed the form, there are spares on the reception desk, along with a box for completed forms. Colin will contact interested parties in due course with more information on your preferred area of interest.
4. Today at 4pm, SEA OF FAITH invites you to hear Robin R. Meyers on ‘Re-uniting Science and Religion’. How quantum physics is redefining “Almighty” – a critique of the ‘empire’ nature of the US government suggesting that quantum physics provides a new paradigm for God. Robin is an American Christian minister, peace activist, philosophy professor and author of seven books on Progressive Christianity and Western society. A DVD presentation followed by stimulating discussion by our members.
5. “LAND OF HOPE”, Sunday 1st July at 2pm. Waitakere Voices and Kumeu Blend choirs join forces with the Auckland Youth Symphonic Band to present a show of inspirational band and choral music entitled "Land of Hope". Featuring popular music from films and shows, together with classical masterpieces, there's something for everyone in this not to be missed concert. A complimentary, home-made afternoon tea will be provided. Adults $15, seniors $12.50, children free. Purchase tickets online or email Sarah at email@example.com or call on 021 11 06 430 for more information.
6. JOE BESSLER. In late July and early August, we will, along with St David’s Khyber Pass, be hosting Joe Bessler, Professor of Theology at Philips Seminary in Tulsa, Oklahoma. There is an advertising flyer with more information both about him and the lectures and seminar he will be leading while he is here. Copies of this flyer will also be on the screen bench for you to take and pin up wherever you think people might be interested. Register your interest at reception.
7. BAHÁ’I PILGRIMAGE. As part of our programme of interfaith understanding we have been invited on Sunday 19th August to visit the Bahá'í community of Auckland. A representative from the Bahá'ís will meet with us that morning at 11am to give us an introductory understanding of the Bahá'í Faith. Then in the afternoon [3pm], we will travel to the Bahá'í Centre in Glen Innes [129 Taniwha Street]. If you are interested and wished to join us on that day, please register at the front desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. ST LUKE’S COMMUNITY CHOIR. For the last three years, we have had an organ fundraising event called the Community Choir. We invite you and your choral friends to join this year’s choir and step up to the challenge of Bruckner’s Requiem in D minor (the New Zealand Premiere). The concert, on Saturday 11th August @ 7pm, is in aid of the organ restoration fund. Music Director, Elizabeth Lau. We welcome experienced singers and people who would like to sing in a choir for the first time and who have good basic sight reading ability. Supported by Wairua Sinfonietta, come and experience the thrill of being part of a warm and wonderful choir and perform with professional instrumentalists and soloists. Who do you know who may be interested in joining us? If you would like to join, please email Pamela for a registration form detailing rehearsal dates and costs.
9. SOCIAL SERVICE & JUSTICE. Over the next few weeks we will be having, as part of our morning worship, presentations from some of the recipients of our Social Service/Justice grants. Next Sunday, Anne Overton from PSN will be with us. On July 1st Sarah and Andrew Colgan from ADC will be presenting. And on July 8th Corrina from Pillars will be here. We are also in the process of finalizing a date with Jean-Paul from the Burundi Empowerment Project.
For our Prayers:
Pam Shearer, due to failing health, is now living at Elizabeth Knox Home. Please keep her husband Bruce in your prayers too.
Please note that the people above have given permission for this information to be shared.
VISITORS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench
SUNDAY 24th JUNE 2018
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – Margaret Tibbles Preacher - Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Rebecca Hayward
Readers – Kerry Stotter, Jill Stotter Intercessions – Neil Wright
Organist – Grant Hutchinson SLIKS – Margaret Davidson & Helen Wadsworth
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Community Director: COLIN ROSE 520 0199 021 987 220; firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: KEN HULLS email@example.com
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Councillors: Geoff Olliff, Eleanor Stanton, David McNabb, David Boswell, Ken Hulls, Nick Paschalis, Callum Hunter, Barbara Smith, Kathryn Jones, Rebecca Hayward, Rodger Smith, Penelope Stevenson, Alexa Johnston,
Paul Martin (ex officio), Colin Rose (ex officio)
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital.
please contact Pamela email@example.com